At our practice we strive to offer you and your pet excellent state-of-the-art surgery. Our advanced surgical service is provided in cooperation with Frau Dr. Wabnitz, who is a highly experienced small animal surgeon.
In order to perform excellent surgery one has to put up a clean and sterile environment and adequate anaesthesia. We usually apply inhalation anaesthesia which is very safe. In addition we emphasize on constant monitoring of our anaesthetized patients, not only by means of electronic devices but also by trained personnel. Especially the latter makes anaesthesia very costly. However, we strongly believe that we owe our patients and their owners the safest anaesthesia possible. This personal one-on-one monitoring is maintained during the entire anaesthetic recovery period until our patients are fully awake.
We are able to offer a very broad spectrum of operations. Here are some examples:
- Closure of soft and hard palate defects, cheiloplasty, tonsillectomy, surgery for injured salivary glands or ducts, removal of foreign bodies (e.g. from esophagus, stomach or intestines), surgery for persistent right aortic arch, prophylactic and therapeutic gastropexy (for gastric torsion), pyloroplasty, partial resection of intestines (e.g. for foreign body or tumor), surgery for rectal prolapse, anal sac resection
- Closure of perineal hernias, diaphragmatic hernias and other abdominal wall defects
- Surgeries of liver, gallbladder and pancreas. Complete or partial resection of the spleen for tumor, torsion or after trauma
- Castration, sterilization, caesarean section, surgery for pyometra, surgery of the cryptorchid, prostatic surgery (abscess, cysts, tumors)
- Removal of kidney stones, reimplantation of ectopic ureters, romaval of stones from the urinary bladder or the urethra. Urethrostomy for chronic obstruction of the urethra, correction of a urethral prolapse.
- Surgery of the adrenal and thyroid glands
- Surgery for chronic ear infection, surgery of the pinna (e.g. for othaematoma), surgery of the middle ear (bulla osteotomy)
- Surgery for skin wounds, reconstructive surgery for major skin defects
- Surgical correction of joint luxations (e.g. hip joint, patella luxation)
- Surgery for ruptured tendons or ligaments (e.g. torn cruciate ligament in the stifle joint)
- Tumor resection and tissue sampling from almost all organ systems